Get out of the funk and get unstuck now
Ever feel like you’re in a funk, know this too shall pass but want to come out of it as soon as possible? Yes it happens, even to the best of us. Some days you feel like you’re on top of the world while some days it feels as if the earth stopped spinning.
Truth is, as humans we experience life through duality – good/bad, night/day, hot/cold, the list goes on and on.
There’ll always be good days and then there’ll be some seemingly not-so-good days.
So it’s important to do the things that motivates us, inspires us and keeps the momentum going as long as.
From personal experience and coaching clients from around the world, my encouragement to you is to trust that,
every experience and encounter is truly a step closer helping you move forward on your path.
As you stay inspired allow yourself to remain open to life, to the Divine (or whatever you call your Higher Power) and the natural ebb and flow of our human experience.
Here are my top 12 ways to get out of the funk and get unstuck now:
- Drink a glass of water. Upon waking up in the morning, drink a glass of clean water to start the day, preferably warm with lemon to flush the digestive system and rehydrate the body.
- Move your body. Daily exercise helps to relieve stress, increase energy levels and improves you mood. I highly encourage you to try yoga. Keep taking different classes, different style and teachers until you find one that resonates with you. Be patient and trust that the right teacher will show up in your life .
- Get some sleep. Seven to eight hours a night helps maintain energy levels to do the things that make you happy as you stay open and inspired throughout your day.
Plan your day
- Top 3 tasks. Every morning, make a list of the three tasks you want to accomplish that day.
- Stay focused. Work on one task at a time for 25 minutes with a 5 minute break. Do this three times then end with 25 minutes followed by a 15 minute break. No looking at emails or internet during the work or break time. Use the break to walk around, stretch, have something to drink or go to the bathroom. Be present and stay focused with the task at hand.
- Journal daily. End your day writing in your journal for 10 minutes of reflection and self-evaluation. If there’s a task that wasn’t completed ask yourself how do you plan to re-negotiate your commitments for tomorrow.
- Reading. Reading increases knowledge which in turn keeps you inspired. I encourage reading non-fiction stories of love, courage and beauty. Nourish your soul with positive energy to keep yourself in that same vibration.
- Browsing. There’s so much great, free content online. Sign up for webinars and/or watch tutorials that will increase your awareness and expand your capabilities.
- Brainstorm. Literally do a brain dump and write everything down. Get it out of your head and on to paper. Brainstorming can be a gold mine as you start to gain clarity and connect the dots.
Focus on what makes you happy
- Have gratitude. Write down (and really feel) every morning and night three things you are grateful for. Gratitude naturally promotes happiness as you stay in a vibration of positivity and abundance.
- Nourish yourself. Do one thing each day that’s just for you and no one else, something that will nourish your body, mind or spirit. And remember no mom (or dad) guilt!
- Update your definition. Happiness is an emotional state, so the expectation that we can be happy all the time is unrealistic. Drop the mask and allow yourself to move into this acceptance, the doorway to true authentic joy and happiness – an inside job.
I’ve dedicated my life in service to guide others to get unstuck, to find peace, feel love and have freedom and joy in their lives. If you’re having difficulty moving forward right now then let’s talk. Click here to schedule a complimentary call with me. I would be honoured to guide you on your journey.
As always I’d love connecting with you and hear how you’re getting out of the funk, getting unstuck and staying inspired to live a life you love. Head over to the comments section below to share.
With love and gratitude,