Create space for something or someone new with the full moon
The full moon is a powerful moment to focus on personal growth, and one of the most potent times for meditation and reflection. The moon, because of its close proximity to earth, is one of the most influential heavenly bodies on life on earth, representing the feminine, emotional, creative and nurturing aspects of our lives.
Like a magnet, the moon pulls on the earth affecting not only the ocean tides, but also our body and mind. Like earth with its vast oceans, the human body is composed mostly water, an average of 70%, and so we too are affected by the energies of the moon.
The full moon is a lunar phase consists of two days before the full moon, the day of and two days after. With the high tide of power amplified, these five days are a time to release that which no longer serves you or an aspect of yourself that you have outgrown.
Image via Sally Brooks
With the full moon affecting both the deep oceans and our emotional self, I encourage you to use this time to do a ritual to harness the incredible healing energy of the full moon. Here are my top five ways to create space for something or someone new to come into your life:
1) Clear your energy field. Get a sprig of sage or a stick of palo santo wood, light it, and use it to cleanse your aura and your home. While this is great to do during the full moon, you can do this whenever you want to cleanse the energy of yourself and your space.
2) Tune out to tune in. Avoid watching or reading anything counterproductive on the Internet, television, or cinema. Nourish yourself with inspiration. Full moon energy is very powerful so it’s necessary to direct your personal energy with positive intention. Emotions will be amplified, so it’s important to stay positive.
3) Be still and meditate. Try not to get too excited during nighttime, as more stillness is needed on this already highly energetic phase. Meditate in silence by yourself or in a group. Allow whatever comes forward to come forward. Remember this is about bringing our duality of darkness into the light – just as the bright full moon. Take a moment to journal your thoughts and experience.
4) Take a moon bath. Draw yourself a hot bath and add two cups of Himalayan sea salt to pull toxins from your body. You can also add some drops of essential oils such as lavender, eucalyptus or frankincense. Light some candles and relax in the bath for at least 20 minutes. As you have a good soak release all that no longer serves you by visualising it all wash away.
5) Let it go. Write on a piece of paper all that you wish to release from your life. Breathe deep into your heart and declare, “I now let this go. And it is so.” Mindfully and carefully rip and burn the pieces of paper in a small bowl.
No matter which ritual you perform during the full harvest moon, as long as you do it with an open mind and an open heart in order to harness all of the positive energy you deserve, you can do no wrong.
Trust that your own inner guidance will lead you to do what is for your highest good.
As always, I’d love connecting with you and hear what you’re letting go during this full moon to create space for something new to come into your life. Head over to the comments section below to share your thoughts.
Much love and many blessings,
[/vc_column_text][vc_row][vc_column][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”miami-custom-sidebar-blog-bio”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”miami-custom-sidebar-cta2″][/vc_column][/vc_row]